Friday, November 30, 2012

Wait, what's that? Cookie time!

Good Morning! I've been playing around with the idea of finally starting a blog to share (show off) the things I make (spend way too much time on). The agenda for today.....COOKIES! Well, at least as soon as I can convince myself that snuggling with the Pepper-Kitty isn't better than baking yummies....

Pretty eyed Pepper glaring at me because I stopped the snuggles!
I found out my wonderful Hubby will be having a holiday pot luck at work on Monday. So me, being the dutiful housewife I want to be, started brainstorming all kinds of baked goodies to take in. So, right there at the restaurant  I pulled out my handy-dandy-how'd-I-Ever-Live-without-it-Smartphone, hop onto Pinterest, and viola, I have a half a dozen cookie recipes filed away to try.

On the menu today:

  • French Sables (I actually started these last night)
  • Cinnamon bun snickerdoodles
  • Apple cinnamon oatmeal cookies
  • Checkerboard cookies 
I will admit wholeheartedly to getting these ideas from other people, but I am playing around with how to actually make them after reading many different recipe variations, both online, and in some of our dozens of cook books. If they turn out well enough, I'll post pictures, and even if they don't turn out, I guess I'll share that too. 


Off to the kitchen to start baking :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me happier than watching red pandas playing in the snow!
Questions, Constructive Suggestions and Warm Fuzzies are ALWAYS welcome!