Monday, July 15, 2013

Motivation

We've all heard it at some point I'm sure. One of the ways to build motivation, and self confidence is to tell yourself the positives, normally while looking in a mirror. Kind of like this girl.


No I don't know this girl, this is a video I found on YouTube. Wish I did know her, she seems like an amazing, spunky little spit-fire.

I personally can't seem to bring myself to put on this kind of display, even when I'm home alone. To me, the whole "You're an amazing person, you can do this" pep talk in the mirror was cheesy as, well the best southern mac and cheese comfort dish you can dream up. Which when you're trying to live and eat better, that's not the best dream (*drools)....um yeah, side tracked by the gooey goodness there, Sorry. 

Some people do the whole post it note on the mirror, the door, the fridge, whatever. Well, post it notes are kind of like my will power, great for short bursts, but with only so much sticking power, they soon release their hold and flutter away, to fall and hide under some nearly immovable object....like the fridge, or stove.

So what's a creative girl to do? I realized when I walked in the bathroom earlier, that I already had the answer, I just wasn't using it to it's fullest possibility! 

And you can do this almost anywhere in the house!

What you need:
Dry or Wet erase Markers (here is one place you can get them)
A mirror or a Wall-pop 
Some self affirming sayings, or something that puts you in the right state of mind. 

If you use a wall pop, make sure the wall is really good and clean!

Then you can write what means something to you, Something that will help you get through what ever it is you need to get through. 

If you use a mirror, make sure you use a marker that you can read against the reflection. 



If you're dieting, put one on the fridge, and write your next weight goal, and what you're going to reward yourself with. See if that doesn't help you close the door and walk away!

If you need to remind yourself to not take things so seriously write something like "Smile at the clouds, Dance in the rain, Life's too short, not to have fun!"

If you have a white fridge, you can you use that too. That's what we did for the longest time. Works REALLY great for jotting down those "Oh,we need ___!" things when you remember because you reach for it and it's not there. Then when you go shopping, there's less of the "What on earth was it I said we needed??" moments. 

Please test it out first! Some fridges like ours, have little weird wriggely groves in the whole surface, that the dry erase ink can sink into, and it takes a lot of scrubbing to get it out. Some colors are also harder to complete erase than others. Green being one of them in my experience.

How do you motivate yourself? What tricks do you use to help make yourself feel better?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me happier than watching red pandas playing in the snow!
Questions, Constructive Suggestions and Warm Fuzzies are ALWAYS welcome!